Top 5 Wedding Gift Ideas
My Favorite Wedding Gift Ideas for Any Couple
1. Money – Yes it’s true; while it may seem impersonal or uncreative, money is my number one recommended wedding gift. Most young couples are saving for something big – a house, a car, a piece of furniture, or are still paying back their student loans. Money may also help them have an extra-special honeymoon or let them order that extra photo for their album. While it’s a rude for a couple to ask money, it is never rude to give a cash. If you still want to give a personal wedding gift, combine the two: attach a check to a beautiful picture frame, a kitchen gadget, or a long letter detailing your wishes and advice for their marriage.
2. An expensive item off of their registry – Often the more-expensive items on a couple’s registry are dream wedding gifts that they don’t think they’re actually going to get. Whether you’re wealthy enough to buy such a wedding gift on your own, or you organize other guests to all chip in, you’ll be making dreams come true.
3. A luxurious hotel room for their first night as a married couple – Start their marriage off right by giving them a night to remember before they take off for their honeymoon. Check with the bride’s mother or the maid-of-honor to ensure reservations have not already been made, and give your gift early so that they’ll be able to include it in their plans.
4. A wedding gift to stand the test of time – Whether it’s a bottle of scotch or fine wine with instructions to open on their tenth anniversary, a gorgeous vase, or piece of art, give a gift on which the couple will be able to look fondly and say “Our friend John gave us that for our wedding.” Other ideas include the couple’s wedding invitation in a beautiful frame, a handmade quilt or tablecloth, or an antique piece of furniture.
5. Make their honeymoon extra sweet – If you’ve ever been to the place where the couple is honeymooning, use that knowledge to get them a gift certificate for your favorite restaurant or resort activity. You could also upgrade their plane tickets to first class, give them a camera to help them take great pictures, or give them some spending money tucked inside a guidebook of the area.